February 1, 2013

Mama Style

The fabulous small fry blog hosted a Mama Style link up this week. 
I am excited to link up and share my mama style and be inspired by all the stylish mamas out there. 

This is our "winter" in Florida. 
The weather is pretty much perfection this time of year. 
(Ask again in July-my mama style will consist of nothing but bathing suits in this hot, humid climate)

After having Rosie, I quickly realized the convenience of having a few staple wardrobe pieces. 
The pieces you just know will work with anything in a hurry and you don't have to think 
too hard about matching/putting together the perfect outfit, etc.  
For this mama has 5 to 10 minutes of 'getting dressed' time, and then the rest is history. 

I have three essential pieces in this Mama Style post. 
1. Nude flats 2. Pop of color (pants) 3. Hat










Nude flats are my all time favorite! I wear these just about every day.
 I had to make sure all the scuffs and wearing didn't show too much in these pics- 
They go with ANYTHING!! I am wishing I bought three pairs to last me forever. 
I found this darling pair online last night and love them.

I am really loving the look of neon right now. A subtle pop (that sounds too contradicting) but you know what I mean. Not too much, but the perfect amount of brightness added to any simple outfit. 

I am a HUGE fan of hats! Most weeks I only get to wash my hair once or twice (if lucky) so hats are my very best friends...I love this one from Jcrew. I keep it in my car and put it on whenever I need to. Such a darling accessory and a time saver. 
Also comes in handy for a little fun dress up with the babe. 
I mean how cute is she in that hat?!


Photobucket




What I am wearing~
Hat: JCrew- Straw bucket
Top: Forever 21
 Pants: Target (Mossimo)
 Flats: Forever 21

16 comments:

  1. I love your outfit - great mommy style! Would you be able to do a post on your hair regimen, and any other tips to keep it looking so great? I'd love that and I am sure their are readers out there that would too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have great mama style!! I love your outfit and your hair is gorgeous!!! Love this!

    xo
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blakely & Rosie!

    You look absolutely gorgeous, Blakes! And, Rosie, you are adorable! Love your "Mama Style!" xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanky,for your lovely comment,dear.^^
    Maybe follow each other on BLOGLOVIN and GFC???
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your style Blakely! Ready to do blog features/guest posts of each other!? :) Whenever you're ready! -Cat

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so jealous! For one it looks like the weather where you are is warm and inviting instead of cold and windy here and your hair is amazing.

    Loving your outfit. You and the baby girl are true beauties!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this look...such cute Mommy style! Thank you for commenting & following Suburb Chic. Oh, and your baby is adorable!!! Congratulations.

    -Brittany of @suburbchicblog
    http://suburbchicblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are beautiful and she is too cute! I love finding great mommy/family blogs!

    ps. Super jealous of your warm winter!

    www.momwifebosslife.blogspot.com

    xx Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your style! LOVING it. I e-mailed you. Cheers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. you are gorgeous i will also like to know about your hair,how do you keep it so long and beautiful?

    ReplyDelete