December 7, 2015

5 Ways to Style Holiday Outfits for Moms & Daughters

Soooooo I love to dress up during the Holidays. Maybe (over-dress).... but really I just think there is something so fun and exciting about getting all dressed up for special occasions in life. I also feel the simple times in life are some of the most special, so turning the ordinary moments into extraordinary is something I love to do. Most days I don't get out of my comfy clothes and my hair is in a bun from three days before. So, as aforementioned to me dressing up is a fun way to celebrate life.
I love to coordinate or match with my girls. Some may call it cheesy, but I love me some good matching outfit situations.  When I thought about this holiday shoot I thought of all the fun brights, plaids, reds and greens I usually envision when I think of holiday style. Then I remembered these sweetest, most tender baby girl dresses I ordered for my girls, and I planned my outfit around those.
Like always, I usually plan everything around my girls.ahhhhh.

I absolutely love the way these turned out. The soft marshmallow like colors in winter just make me imagine a sparkly, light, airy, winter wonderland.



I'm always always a sucker for smocked dresses. They are my all time favorite on my girls. 
When I saw this precious Nativity scene smocked on the light blue dress I knew they were perfect. 

I felt like a royal princess in this Shabby Apple skirt. 
My girls were fascinated by it, they kept fluffing it up and smiling. 


My heart cant even handle this shot. 
I will treasure this photo forever. 

These two are the ultimate posers, and I do love it!!


 OUTFIT DETAILS:
-Girls Dresses: (I ordered the from a shop in Florida, and I am having the hardest time finding a site to link to) so I found some very similar Here. 

-Rosie's gold ankle straps with bow: Janie and Jack 

-Wynn's gold soft sole t-strap shoe: Nordstrom

White faux fur cardigan: Anthropologie 

Baby Blue T-shirt: (old, Cinthia Rowley)

Skirt: Fallen Snow Skirt, Shabby Apple 







Five of us mamas put together a Holiday Style Guide with our daughters. The unique personalities completely shine in this group series of photos. It's so awesome to have a group of different mamas with all different style show some inspiration. I love the mix of casual to fancy and everything in between. I love the variety and uniqueness.
Sandy from Sandy a la Mode and her daughter Vivian are a mom and daughter styling team. They are so darling together and I've recently been getting to know Sandy, she is such a sweet girl and so easy to be with. I've been following Alycia from Crowley Party for so many years and finally got the chance to meet in real life. It's such a crazy thing, this social world online, but so neat to meet great people. My girls couldn't get enough of her sweet baby Ella. They thought she was a real doll.
Natashia from Canary Jane and cute little Nora are such a happy duo. Natashia is also crazy talented in the art department, she draws, paints etc. amazing pictures. Tori from What Anya Wore i sthe gorgeous mama to Anya and Poppy. She styles Anya and I just laugh and smile at her celebrity outfit posts. So much fun.
Check out their blogs for outfit details and more holiday inspiration. Its always a treat working with such lovely, good mamas. Any time I can do something with other mamas and join together in creating unity and kindness between women I feel so lucky.

*** All photos taken by the talented and amazing Lizzy from Lizzyography

3 comments:

  1. i love you and thank you for asking me to be a part of this FUN!! let's meet up again soon love!

    xo,
    Sandy
    Sandy a la Mode

    ReplyDelete