August 20, 2010

As I sit here in the airport, watching people pass by (for 7 hours), I see it ALL. I see the young, the old, the happy, the stressed. I see the Vegas bound crowd, already sporting their sunglasses(in the airport)and bedazzled vegas shirts,excited as cna be, until they read the screen that says flight DELAYED. I see those who are so worn out, looking as though they are ready to pull up a bed on the tiny airport chairs, even if they look like buddy the elf trying to get comfortable on a pint size bed. I see a woman who threw her purse right at her husband (not joking) and says "I am so sick of carrying my stupid heavy bag all day, take your turn", as they sprint to make their flight. I also see people smiling, holding hands, and choosing to enjoy life, even if they just missed their flight; even if they have ten things to carry, and only two hands. I smile as I learn for the 100,000,000th time,no matter what happens, life is what you make it. Whether it be big or small (like me having to sit alone in the airport for 7 hours getting turned down 6 standby lists), you can choose to enjoy every minute of it. "It" being the situation you are in. at that very moment. at every moment. I have now made up my mind to ENJOY.

Cheers to being at the airport for who knows how much longer.........
One more thing helping me to enjoy....

No comments:

Post a Comment