October 27, 2010

Run

"...this isn't about going back, it's about life being ahead of you.  And you run at it like a racehorse, as fast and as far as you can..."    
Secretariat
A few weeks ago, the Mr. and I saw this movie. I have not been able to stop thinking about it. 
Yet simple, and "Disneyfied" (Yes, that is a real word. I even made sure, and found it here) it was exceptionally touching. This story continues to inspire me. 

There's nothing so refreshing, than to be reminded to follow your dreams. To follow dreams, you must first believe in yourself. Our dreams are too easily forgotten, or placed behind the present.  I hope I can always remember the unconquerable feeling I felt at the end of the show.  Never underestimate the power of believing in yourself. Whether plain and simple, or intricately designed, promise to begin pursuing your dreams today
                                                        I will. 

I will share one of my many dreams..... 
I dream of attending a real horse race someday. 
Full on- decked out, significantly over-sized bonnet and all. 

The Belmont Park race track is not too far from our soon to be locale.
hmmmm......  A girl can dream right?

P.S. If you haven't seen this movie yet, go... RUN of course... don't walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment