November 3, 2010

A month of gratitude

Thanksgiving Day is a jewel, to set in the hearts of honest men; but be careful that you do not take the day, and leave out the gratitude.  ~E.P. Powell

Feeling especially courageous on the first day of this beloved month, I decided to take on a new challenge. 
I then chose to make this a "joint challenge". I  made the request, and John kindly agreed to join me.
November will be a month of gratitude. Not a day will go by, that we don't record at least one grateful thought. Although today is the second, I had the best of intentions to start yesterday. (It's the thought that counts) 
My wish is for this challenge to become a tradition. 

So, here we go. A month of gratitude.  

November 1st.  Sunshine. After a few cold and stormy days, it was just what I needed. Warm, delightful, invigorating SUNSHINE. 

Today I am grateful for freedom of choice and the opportunity to vote. Freedom. I strive to remember this blessing each day. 
 I am also grateful to come home to a clean bedroom. (Thanks Johnny) Always a good surprise.

As for the Mr. 
I asked him what he was grateful for, yesterday and today. Well....... his answer 
"Utah football", go figure! We're going to have to work on this a bit. I am rather confident that once Saturday is over he just might be able to focus on expressing further gratitude. Until then...

p.s. This challenge is open for anyone. If you feel like being particularly grateful this month, I would love to hear your thankful thoughts.  A month of gratitude. 

No comments:

Post a Comment