January 18, 2011

{Love} letters and packages

In an age like ours, which is not given to letter-writing, we forget what an important part it used to play in people's lives.
-Anatole Broyard

I've never been so grateful to receive mail. There's something about that worn down paper envelope arriving that brings unexplainable excitement. That same envelope which holds such valuable words; words that can turn any ordinary day into a joyous occasion. I've also never been more grateful to send replies. As I put my boots on, zip my coat tight, and trudge through the dirty puddles across the city, I smile to think it just might bring that same joy to another.

" Today is the best day of my heart, because I got a letter from my nanny"
Cutest little Kimball said this to his mom after he opening the package and letters I sent him.

The best day of my heart.
Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment