December 18, 2011

Mom and Dad visit the city

This was such a fun visit because it was my Dad's first trip to N.Y.C. (Well he drove through and stopped for a few hours, once waaay back when.) So this was his first real trip. Plus,  I had a long list of must see's and must do's and we definitely made them all happen, and had a little bit of spare time to watch a Utes game and cook dinner one night. I had the best week just being with the two of them and touring them around the city.
 My Mom and Dad saw the Radio City Christmas Spectacular and loved it. Love the huge tree.
 Rockefeller Plaza.

 A walk across the Brooklyn Bridge
 To get to the other side for this..... Grimaldi's Pizza, Brooklyn.




A night in Times Square
 It would not be a visit without Levain Bakery! The famous chocolate chip cookie.
(As seen on Food Network, Best Thing I Ever Ate, with Bobby Flay).
And I just might think it is one of "the best things I ever eat.... way too often"

 The leaves were so beautiful this whole week. We wandered through the park for hours.
Cutest parents ever!
Oh, and the Boat House

 I am still laughing at this picture my parents took. What a joke! John and I on the subway, my shades still on, Eloise on his lap, and reading the i-pad, with my phone in hand. Ha!!
 Lunch at Cafe Habana. Can't get enough of the specialty grilled corn.
 Grand Central Station
 Flatiron building
I sound like a broken record for sure, but I LOVE love love spending time with my parents.
They are too much fun to be with. Some simple but fun moments of this trip: My Dad and his hand sanitizer after every subway ride, (love him and his germ killin'). Staring at all the beautiful window displays at Macy's with my Mom, and hunting for the perfect fur vest. (Faux fur of course, we love our animals)
Late night runs to the little bodega's looking for my parents favorite flavor of ice cream (now my fav too) the name of it might include the word Schweddy.....? ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment