December 18, 2011

NY Fashion Week, 24!, & foodies

I was so excited I was able to get last minute tickets to a fashion show. Oh yeah, it was quite a show! This was a "Couture" show, so it was a bit different from the standard designer shows. We had no idea what we were in for. Abby and I were dying as we walked into the beautiful Grand Ballroom at the Waldorf Astoria, seeing people dressed in full ball gowns and tuxedos. It was truly a 'one of a kind' crowd and night.We got front row tickets and yes, we quietly 'snuck' onto the runway after the show for some pics.
One afternoon I wandered over to Lincoln Center, home of the Mercedes Benz Fashion week.I just wanted some good fashion inspiration, hoping to spot some amazing outfits and perhaps some celebs or designers heading in & out of the shows. I didn't have much luck with the latter two, but I had Eloise with me and she was the show stopper! Everyone wanted to take pictures of her. She's the best "accessory" for fashion week right? One of the photographers took this photo and emailed it to me.

24th Birthday! John took me out to a fun dinner at Del Frisco's and the Cirque Du Soleil show at Radio City. It was a fabulous show.  It's seriously wild how daring those crazy Cirque peeps are!
John's sis Catherine and Joe came to visit. It was a killer week! Packed with some good laughs and of course eating our way around the city. These two are total foodies, it's so fun to eat with them, sounds funny, but so true. We did some purse shopping, celebrated my Birthday, went to the Black Eyed Peas concert in Central Park. (In the pouring rain) We laughed and laughed as we stood in the middle of Central Park with thousands of people soaking wet, jamming out to the B.E.P. Hilarious!

A walk in Central Park, Cookies at Levain Bakery!
By far the best Chocolate chip cookie in all of NYC!




 We walked along the High line Park and stumbled upon our new favorite breakfast spot in the city, The Standard Grill. If you are ever in New York, you've got to try their homemade cinnamon donuts and breakfast polenta.
Best breakfast I've ever had, no joking!
We had such a fun week with these two. A few highlights were watching Melissa McCarthy host SNL and replaying it over & over, laughing just as hard as the first. Diet Coke runs, and taking history lessons from a sweet man at the ground zero sight. 
My favorite line of his, "History, it's no mystery".

1 comment:

  1. yay you have a blog...now we can be blog friends too ;) had such a good time yesterday. Come over any time and if you ever want to go out to explore I am your girl. xo

    ReplyDelete