December 6, 2010

Thankful

I'm definitely a bit late on my "Thanksgiving Post". It is nuts that it's already December 5th. It sounds so cliche' but, we have been so busy with studying and school these days, the weeks have gone by way too fast. Thanksgiving break was such a treat. We survived the "blizzard 2010", even without boarding up the windows and busting out food storage. (Wait, we don't even have food storage.) I take that back, we did get one rather large can of wheat as a wedding gift, which is a great idea. That would be our food storage. 

Anyways, we had a good time sledding with nieces and nephews, watching late night movies, eating, watching lots of football, eating more, black friday shopping, sleep-overs with cousins, drinking hot chocolate with dear friends, and of course cheering at a particular football game involving that team down south...... 
It is an understatement to say "We couldn't be more grateful". We are so blessed to be able to spend Thanksgiving with our loved ones. I am grateful to be here for this Holiday Season! 
I cherish decorating for Christmas with my mom, sitting by the fire with my Dad, chatting with my Grandma Mary and Poppy and watching him so carefully carve the Thanksgiving turkey. He is the master turkey cooker I have to say. A few days after Thanksgiving John said " Your Poppy sure does know how to cook a turkey". It made me realize how much I love that, and how much I love that he still does that. I love my Grandma's Thanksgiving Jello, and the cheesy broccoli my Mom makes. I enjoyed starting a new tradition with John, Bread Pudding for Thanksgiving. 
I am thankful for the gospel and the joy it brings to life. I am thankful for real life, and the imperfections, the happiest times, and the hard times that make us stronger. I am thankful for Christmas time, and the reason we celebrate. 

Cheers to a wonderful Holiday Season!




Black Friday shopping crew! 4 a.m. party'n in the car
Excited to go shooting on Thanksgiving


Sledding down the driveway


Good conversations and laughter with dear friends. 



No comments:

Post a Comment