August 16, 2013

Banana brûlée pound cake : Friday Favorites

This has been my 'go to' dessert for a while now. 
It's unreal delicious, easy to make, and always a crowd pleaser. 



Step 1: Butter slices of pound cake and drizzle honey on top. Toast in oven for a quick minute. 

Step 2: Top with sliced bananas and brown sugar
(I usually add a dollop of butter too) butter can't hurt right?

Step 3: Broil for about 3 minutes, or until brown sugar/bananas look like brûlée (this is where I wish I had a fancy shmancy brûlée torch on hand, ha)

Step 4: Top with vanilla pudding and lots of whipped cream of course!!
I hope you love this as much as I do.


* Tip, Save time by buying pound cakes. (I am not that domestic!) Costco has a two pack, you can freeze one for next time you need a quick dessert. 

2 comments: