July 4, 2011

Sweet Land of LIBERTY

Happy Independence Day!
From the most patriotic poodle in the U.S.A.
I love the Fourth of July Holiday: one of my very favorites.
As I reflect upon this day and the true reasons we celebrate it, I can't help but just completely exude gratitude. Being free is something I take for granted far too often. I am thankful for the men and women who have fought, and are still fighting today to protect our freedom.
"Freedom is never given, it is won"

Wherever you may be, I hope you have a good ol' American hot dog, light the sky with beautiful twinkling fireworks, and shine with gratitude for the U.S.A.


I'm sure missing John this holiday. Last year we celebrated in our nation's capital, where the history of our country truly comes alive. The feel in the air is unlike any other. I can't wait to hear about the Macy's Firework Display in New York. He is so lucky to see the city with such lights. Miss him. If only


Every time I see this snow white barn with the stars and bright stripes, I get the chills.
So grateful to live in such a beautiful place.

From every mountainside let freedom ring.

Off to the Fourth of July breakfast celebration at Brighton.
Then hiking in the beautiful canyon.

No comments:

Post a Comment